Sunday, May 2, 2010

Catherine's Visit!

Catherine came to visit on Friday April, 9th. I picked her up at the airport at 4am and then we came back to Jerusalem. We took a nap for a few hours and then we headed down to the Old City. It was so nice to have someone from home here because I felt like I knew so much and I was able to show someone where I have been living for four months. In the Old City we did a lot of shopping and had a nice lunch. We took a ton of pictures and were talking with the locals for a while. We came back and had dinner and then watched American Idol with my roommates. Saturday morning we headed to Tel Aviv for the day. It was the first time I was going to Tel Aviv without someone from school. We had to take a sheruit there because the buses weren't running due to Shabbot. The beach was great. Very crowded, great sun. We went to Moses' for dinner where we had bacon cheeseburgers! Yum. Yum. Yum! On our way back to Jerusalem we were planning on going to this new club with a bunch of people, but then Effe and Aviva were going to the movies so we tagged along. We went and saw Alice and Wonderland in 3D. It was really different than the Disney version. Pretty violent actually. On Sunday we woke up early and went to the Dome of the Rock with Adie, Aviva and Dan. The Temple Mount is gorgeous. Being that close to the Dome of the Rock and the Al-Aqsa mosque. We took a lot of pictures and I wore my Wagner shirt so I could send the photo in for my school's photo contest. When we came back to campus we were going to get falafel, but French Hill wasn't open! :( We went to the one next door instead. Not the same, not as good. I had to go to class because I was going to Cairo the following week. It was such a nice weekend. I was so happy seeing someone from home and I was so thankful that she was able to come. I didn't feel that well the next few days, so I slept a lot. I'm glad it only lasted a few days so I was healthy for Cairo.

No comments:

Post a Comment