Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Passover

When I came back from Prague on Sunday, I was going to meet my friend from NH! She is studying in Greece and we lived together at St. Paul's our Junior year. She is Jewish and has family in Jerusalem. We met up for lunch and then walked around the city a bit. It was so nice to see her as I hadn't seen her in three years. It was pretty neat that we were meeting up in Israel of all places. We went and got pizza, but it was potato dough I think. Not the best, the food during Passover is definitely bland to say the least. But what can you do. That evening I went to Yoel's house for dinner with Sarah and Katie. We went to the synagogue and then had a lasting meal. We left our place around 5:30 and didn't get home until 1:30! It was neat to go to the synagogue as I had never been to one, and then the meal was more than eating. Before you could eat any portion, there was the story behind it of how and why we are eating such things. There were about 14 people there, and they had the best name tags! Yoel's daughter digs at the City of David and was able to take a piece of pottery from the first temple period! They then wrote our names in ancient Hebrew! It was a lot of fun trying to figure out what you name looked like, and then, we got to have something from first temple period!

It was such a nice night as Yoel had many of his close friends from the States with him. It was such an important evening and they really went all out for it. They have little toys that they would use to explain each story. The food was delicious, I really enjoyed this one dish with apples and matzah, it was almost like warm apple sauce! Yum! I'm happy that I chose to share the evening with Yoel and his family, he explained everything we were doing in such detail for us.

On Tuesday I started to pack and I hung around with Adie for most of the day. I had a ton of laundry to do, and then we went and got falafel from French Hill Falafel! Woot woot! I think I need to ask him if he will move to the States and open a shop there for me! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment